Thursday, December 14, 2006

Some new pics and a video as well!

I've been pretty busy finishing of a database application in my spare time and I'm finally out of the other end. I have some new pics and a video that I would like to put on here for all to see.

First of all, is a wee video of me doing some very tame version of Parkour or Freerunning. It's totally timid compared to the guys who are really good at it but I just saw the overhang recently and wondered if I'd be able to climb up there. This was about the fourth time I filmed it and it's the smoothest I've got it yet, although there's definitely room for improvement.



Parkour KenNext up is a picture of one of my earlier attempts of the same. The truth is that my friend Kevin was filming but we discovered afterwards he had it on "image" instead of "video". Oh well, not to worry. We've still got a video so all is not lost.

Reading to KaseyThis one might seem a bit out of place, but it's still relevant. This is me reading a story to Kasey who is almost 17 months now. No, she's not mine before you ask. I know it's Christmas but no immaculate conceptions have been happening around here. Her parents, Kevin and Angie, are on the same course as me and it's been fun having a "small person" around.

Biohazard CookiesRight, now it's time to go from the sublime to the proverbial ridiculous. I leave you today with a picture of me and what I have come to affectionately refer to as my "Biohazard Cookies". One of my hosts here in Kansas City works at a doctor's lab and he drives around picking up various dubious samples of different varieties. (He told me he even picked up a leg one time.) The disturbing part is that he uses the left over biohazard bags to present cookies to me. He told me the bag hadn't been used before, but I'm starting to feel a bit funn..#:;,...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't eat the 'cookie'!

£ a u r i e said...

hey can I ask a totally random question unrelated to the specific of your post? :) I notice you use Youtube......I only just created an acct myself with "them".....is that the best for uploading to blogs?
I'm only asking cause @ the moment I'm TRYING to upload one (74MB) & am having a heck of time w/it.........so wondering if a more advanced user such as yourself.....knows the "secret" :)
Regardless though, since I am stopping by, I will wish ya a Happy New Years!!!

The Ken said...

Hey Laurie,

I think YouTube is one of the easiest ways to put videos on your blog. I've not exactly done an extensive search of the Internet or anything, but basically they make it about as easy as possible to upload a video and then they give you some HTML you can use to embed it in your own page elsewhere on the Internet.

I think the biggest secret I can give is to be patient! If the file's 74 MB, that will take a while to upload. It's possible that might be too big for a regular YouTube member to be allowed to upload also. I don't remember the limits. I know there's a time limit to how long the video is allowed to be. If you just find that nothing appears to be happening, then you might just need to wait a bit. If you're getting a more specific error message, that'd always be a clue.

£ a u r i e said...

hey thanx.....your clue about "patience" - aside from it being a virtue :) is also correct! I finally uploaded them, haven't proceeded to blogging them yet but at least they are viewable now - amen :)

anywho - appreciate your help - oh and btw, yes it's a 100 MB limit (or 10 minutes)...so I gotta get to the point on these things I guess! :)

hey & before I go - HAPPY NEW YEAR! !!