Monday, February 02, 2004

The Half-Pipe @ Blue

I went up to Blue on Saturday. That's the 4th time I've gone this year. I'm starting to really enjoy it. It's not quite as scary as it was at first. I'm beginning to get confident enough to attempt a few jumps when I'm going faster, rather than just chickening out.

This time I tried the Half-Pipe for the first time. I didn't do too badly all things considered. I got a lot of speed up and went quite high up the sides. The only problem was turning. I managed toe to heel ok but it was heel to toe that was tricky. I ride regular so that was turning on the left wall.

I'm getting more confident at turning onto my toe edge at higher speeds. This means I'm less likely to put on the brakes when I start to get some speed up. Instead, I switch edges and slow down slightly but ride on. It's so much fun!

No comments: