Wednesday, May 19, 2004

This blows my mind!

I just bought Jason Upton's new album, Remember. There's something on this CD that amazed me like never before. I'm being serious here. There's the voice of an angel on the CD! I'm not talking about someone with a nice voice. I'm talking about a supernatural sound that appeared on the recording that could not be attributed to any of the people or instruments present at the recording. In the CD information, Jason Upton explains that when they were mixing the last track, Fly, they found "a soaring voice over the top of the other voices". At first they weren't sure what it was but they discovered that it was only coming through Jason's microphone. It was another source, near where he was.

If you listen to Fly and skip ahead to around 6 minutes 11 seconds (I think it actually comes in just before then) you will hear an amazing voice singing a really high melody. It sounds somewhat like a choir boy's voice. The first time I heard it, the power of God hit me really powerfully. Even now, when I hear it I feel an amazing presence of God. At first when I started thinking about it, I was a bit disappointed that the voice similar to something we know - a choir boy. Then I thought of something else. Why do we get choir boys to sing in the first place? It's because they sound like angels! Or think of movies such as Lord of the Rings where they want to create an "angelic" mood. They have choirs of pure, high, clear voices. This isn't a co-incidence. This is the reason why. People already know what angels sound like.

God is good. He is real. This stuff's not just for Sunday School!

No comments: