Thursday, September 02, 2004

Brisket and Biscuits

So, I'm in Texas by the way. Thought I should have mentioned that. I'm on a training course in "ASP.NET Programming using Visual Basic". Very exciting it is, too. The trip, that is. The training is ok but I know a lot of the stuff already. The coolest thing is how I got here...

My super-duper boss, Russ, encouraged me to find some training to help improve my VB knowledge since I've only been really good with C# up till now. I found a course in Mississauga (near Toronto for those not in the know) and signed up for it. The company then had to cancel because there weren't enough people signed up.

Now, here I am in Dallas, courtesy of the training company! I got free flights and a rather nice hotel suite for the week as well. Sweet deal - God is good!

The only catch is that I'm away from Hanna and it's killing me a bit. Still, it's Wednesday evening now and so we're past half way. We'll be together again in no time!

No comments: