Friday, July 29, 2005

Getting ready to leave Canada

So, I've been pretty busy this week getting everything organized for the big move home. I gave myself a month to get everything organised before returning to Glasgow and I think I'm pretty much on top of things.

So far I've sold a few possessions and copied all my personal files off the office computer. It's funny how packing up your files can be just as complex as packing a suitcase these days. I bought a Lexar JumpDrive Secure with a capacity of 1 GB for the occasion and it's proved to be very useful. I like the versatility of being able to re-use rather than the one-off nature of CDs. Also, I can correct it if I accidentally copied files I don't actually need.

I also got a 32 Capacity CD Wallet from Case Logic. Not quite as exciting, this is still a crucial purchase. Now I have the sad task of throwing out all the jewel cases for my CDs and DVDs so I can pack all the discs in the new wallet. (In case you think that's not very many CDs, I already filled a 36 capacity one a few days ago.

Once I get back home, I'm going to start my own software company. I will do freelance stuff, starting off with contracts from TACF who I just finished working for just now. My company is called Tabletop Software although there's nothing worth seeing on the website yet. The important thing is that I've got the domain name.

1 comment:

Andrew G said...

Ken

I'm happy that you have some good direction for going home. I'll be praying for favour and wisdom as you take these next steps.