Friday, July 22, 2005

No more work permits for me!

Last night I got an interesting letter from Canadian Immigration. (Bless them, Jesus!) They decided that I'm not going to get another work permit and, consequently, I need to leave Canada...again.

This isn't the first time I've been through this so I'm almost getting used to the idea. In a way it's shocking how suddenly things like this come along but really God's in control of it all anyway so I should just enjoy the ride.

I think it's going to be good to get a chance to step back from the intense time I've been spending doing IT at TACF. You know, it's really been stressful and depressing lately. I found myself so overwhelmed with the prospect of work that I've not wanted to get out of bed in the morning or face the next day's IT-related problems.

I know God's got something new for me so that's cool. I need to look inside and see what I actually WANT to do that can benefit this world and make come alive. The world's too full of bored people. I need to do what I was MADE for, just as soon as I figure that out. I don't really want to be in an office any more, though. I crave the outdoors. Maybe I'll do some hillwalking when I get back home. I'll check out some of the Munros.

3 comments:

Andrew G said...

oh man, the Ken... this sucks

but it's also really exciting!!! I'm happy that you can make a change in your life now.

any ideas about your permanant residence??

Anonymous said...

Where are you from?

The Ken said...

I'm from the Glasgow area. What about you, mystery person? :)