Friday, December 23, 2005

Straight Hair!

I just got my hair cut at Mika on Kilmarnock Road. The girl that cut it encouraged me to leave the top to grow and she just trimmed the fringe and the back and sides. (Does that make it a short back and sides?) Anyway, she also STRAIGHTENED it which was quite a big deal, considering the amount of hair I have these days. The best part of all was that despite the time she spent straightening it, she only charged me £4.50 because she just cut the back and sides. Sweet!

Me with straight hair

UPDATE:

I should add that I actually took 30 pictures with my camera-phone before finding this one that I thought was good. Criteria were not cropping part of my head from the pic and remembering not to look too serious although really concentrating.

Also, every time I look in the mirror I think I'm a Romulan from Star Trek!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it straight for good? or just for now... ?!!!

do you have to tip a hairdresser in scotland like you have to tip them here?

The Ken said...

It's probably just straight for now. Well, let's look at it a different way. I don't own a hair dryer, never mind hair straighteners so maintaining this look AND washing it might be difficult.

I think I'll get a hair dryer, though. When the girl dried it, it looked a lot more um... organised already.

We don't generally tip hairdressers here. At least, not in the place I was. Maybe in the more up-market salons you might but I don't know, not having been to one!

A few days ago I was going to get a trim, actually, and I popped into a place that I was passing on the street. I was in the chair, the hairdresser was coming over and then I thought "oh, wait, this place looks expensive." I asked and it turned out to be £25 for a trim. Hmm... I said that was "slightly" more than I usually spend and she let me leave.

That was nice at least. I didn't need to punch my way out like Indiana Jones.

sc@vp said...

You DO! You DO look like a Romulan!!

How ingenious ...

Mimosa said...

I know that place! I remember Mika!!

Never been to it though..I've been to your blog before but it's been awhile, and I don' think I've ever commented. I used to live in Glasgow for 3 years..stayed in Pollokshields and Battlefield and the WestEnd. I SO know all the places in the South side! Have you been to Battlefield Rest? Ihung around there all the time. they have a Beabscene there nowadays, don't they?

It's nice to read your posts from dear ol' Scotland :)
I warn, I might leave some other excited comments in the future too just because you mention a place I know..lol..Good memories! Loved living there.

From a FIN-e-LAND,
Mimosa

PS. you know Veikko?

Mimosa said...

Sorry my spelling, I mean BEANSCENE obviously..