Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I have slept

I'm now part way through my first full day in Canada. I got up at about 10:15 which was a fairly reasonable time to get up. I had gone to bed at about 11 o'clock the night before. Oddly enough, despite my being awake for so long, it still took me a wee while to eventually get to sleep.

I was trying to figure out just how long I had been awake when I did finally go to bed. I had got up at 4:10 am (Glasgow time) the morning of the flight. I then went to bed at 11 pm (Toronto time). That's about 24 hours all together!

This morning when I woke up, I had no idea what time it was because I was in the basement and my phone which is my only clock was in the other room. I thought I would probably wake early since I've moved 5 time zones to the left. :) The first few times I therefore went back to sleep.

The other odd thing is that my throat is really sore today. It's possible it is from the flight but I don't think that could be it, because I had already been in Canada 12 hours since the flight without any problems. I actually think it's an odd sleeping characteristic of mine. I know that I can snore for Scotland and I think this is especially true when my body has missed out on some slumber. Perhaps I have a "snore quota" that needs to be fulfilled and the lack of recent sleep has left my body with little option but to compensate. I'll keep drinking lots of water and see how it goes from here.

2 comments:

sc@vp said...

heh heh - still reading.

keep drinking water. it's The Ultimate.

Anonymous said...

Hey have a nice time in Toronto, im going there myself next month, havent been there for nearly four years so excited. I have a friend Scott who lives in Kansas City, he is studying there but at the college, music therapy i think. He teaches guitar as a job, anywyas if you want a contact in Kansas, let me know, he is originally from tulsa. imet him on my outreach in 2000. happy Adventuring with all that lies ahead:O)n