Monday, September 18, 2006

Kenada

I have arrived safe and sound in Toronto. I had a direct flight from Glasgow. It was cool to get a direct flight rather than having to change planes somewhere.

The flight was scheduled to depart at 8:15 am which all sounds very civilised, but in reality I was meant to be there three hours in advance. Yep, that's 5:15 am. Well I was a couple of minutes late but it was fine. Checking in was a bit slower than usual because they were being very strict with the security measures.

First of all, passengers were only allowed one carry on item each. Secondly, it had to fit in a wooden box near the counter. They were very strict with the fact that the bag had to completely be contained within the box. This meant a lot of people had to re-pack certain items. I had to move my musical instruments from my backpack to my suitcase.

I had a bit of a silly moment when waiting to board the plane. They were boarding by row number which was fine. They started off with rows 1-4 or something like that for first class. Then they did something like rows 22 to 32. My boarding card said row 33 so I groaned inwardly and then waited for my row to be called. Next they said something like rows 16 to 32. I thought it was odd that they were going in the wrong direction. It was then that I noticed that 33 was actually the GATE number and I was actually in row 22. I could have gone earlier!

I got a whole row to myself which was so cool. There were three seats, from the right windows to an aisle. Unfortunately the nearest TV screen wasn't working so I had to watch the one a bit further down the plane.

All in all the flight was good and the cabin crew were very cheerful and helpful which always makes a difference.

Stay tuned for more updates of my antics!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Who did you fly with???
Do you have somewhere to stay in Kansas???
I think "Why don't you..." is a prophetic declaration to our generation! ;-)

sc@vp said...

welcome back, The Ken

The Ken said...

Michael, the flight was with Air Transat. I have accommodation organised by All Nations, but I don't know any of the details yet. They have arranged accommodation for all of the students, though. That's a good point about "Why don't you". I was thinking lately that the church is a bit like the Ents in Lord of the Rings. We're starting to realise that we do actually have a voice. We are actually strong.

Shannon, thanks for the welcome. It always surprises me when I find people who are still actually reading my blog!