Thursday, February 17, 2005

Make Poverty History

I just went to the Make Poverty History website for the first time and wanted to write a bit about it here. You will notice there's now a white band at the top-right of my blog, linking to there. I think we, the blessed minority in the wealthiest nations in the world have a responsibility to the poor. The bible talks so much about caring for the poor and I think that we've not done a great deal to help people in the long term. There are so many people who are trapped in a hopeless situation, with no way of ever paying their way out. We need to communicate to our leaders that the impossible debts third world countries owe the west need to be reduced or even dropped all together.

We really are so blessed here with all that we have. Thank you, God, for my warm home, my hot running water and the abundance of food around me.

No comments: