Monday, April 18, 2005

Fun in Copenhagen.

I've been settling in to Danish time which is 6 hours ahead of Toronto. I'm still not quite adjusted and I find myself tired in the afternoon and wide awake at bedtime. Today I got up at 8:30, though, and just had a nap before dinner.

I've been to the PIH church in Copenhagen although I couldn't tell you where it is. We took two buses and a subway to get there. I enjoyed the worship although I didn't bother getting anyone to translate for me so I spent the whole message trying to guess what they were saying.

Today I went to the Planetarium with Camilla. It's a big cinema which I think is the same as the iMax technology we have back in Scotland. We watched a documentary about natural disasters such as volcanoes, earthquakes and tornados. It made me smile when I saw the tornados and I remembered the time when I told one to go away and it did!

We still need to visit Hans Christian Andersen's grave which I believe is just across the road from where we are just now. Tomorrow morning we're getting up early to get the train to Århus. Hopefully I'll have another chance to do an update soon.

2 comments:

Andrew G said...

glad you're having fun buddy

make sure you actually try a strawberry danish (apparently the Danes really know how to make pastries)

Woot!

Linda Hope said...

Andrew, in my head, you sound very funny saying "Woot"...i don't know, just cant see it!!

hahaha!!

Kenny, keep having lots of fun so that i can live vicariously though you at this stressful moment in time!!

Love the Chooooo!!!