Saturday, April 23, 2005

Back in Copenhagen

It's Saturday night and I'm now back in Copenhagen. I've not been able to get to a computer since last weekend. OK, I'll rephrase that. I've just not been near a computer. I probably could have been if I really wanted to be but I didn't so there you go.

A lot has happened since I last wrote but I don't really feel like writing a huge report of my week here. Denmark has been an interesting experience for me, though, and it's been interesting to experience yet another culture.

It's strange the things that strike you as different when you travel from one country to another. In Denmark there are so many bikes. They're everywhere. Not only that, but it seems all streets have bike lanes and traffic lights for bikes as well. People tend to be very well-behaved with waiting for the proper signal to cross the roads and the system of payment on public transport relies a lot on honesty but again people play by the rules. It was nice to see somewhere that there were so few cars on the road and well-run buses full of people as well as all the bikes. I thought that all the biking would make people fitter here but smoking is also much more popular in Denmark so I don't know if they cancel each other out or not.

Anyway, I'm going to stop for now. Tomorrow morning I'm flying to London then on to Toronto. Hopefully I'll be "bright eyed and bushy-tailed" for work on Monday morning.

Hej Hej

2 comments:

beth said...

Traffic lights for bikes?Aw, that's so cute. I wish they had those in China. I saw a man on a bike get hit by a bus. Ouch.
Have a safe trip home, and bring us all presents.
b:)

Sgt Steve said...

Sarah spelt sweden wrong hahaha...er wait, did she? blaa whatever. So I assume you mean pedal bikes as oposed to motor bikes cause for a sec I was think that Denmark was the place for me, but no its not. Good times.