Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Pushing Buttons

Pushing the buttons in front of a screen
Morning to night and the hours in between
The sky's often grey, but sometimes it's blue
Always observed from the same window view

Making some money, my bread and my butter
Surely my feelings on work shouldn't matter
But somehow I find as I sit in the dark
I'd rather be having a laugh in the park

To like what you do, to love your vocation
Is this such a rare thing in our gloomy nation?
The only incentive - to eat and pay bills
Suppress fancy notions of "God's perfect will"

6 comments:

Andrew G said...

Ken, i think it's time to dream again

Andrew G said...

maybe you should try dancing for money

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

i agree with andrew, it's time to dream again....and you know what, going to Brazil might just be the stepping stone into something new, not just the experience of a new country but even in some ways, a step into a different new way of thinking, living, being. Blessings in the tedium, may your todays not be that reality, but may His Promises for your life be the more prevalent in your todays. (Jer 29 vs 11-14a. Blessings #:O)

Sgt Steve said...

That was really well written Kenny! well regardless of what happens in this life time, atleast heaven won't suck, haha. I'm not being negative, just silly in a blunt sort of way, or something.

If you go well digging, let me know, I may go with you. I love digging holes!

Ash said...

Hi Ken,

Like the poem - very well written. I'm sure going to Rio will be just the break you desire and will be like a breath of fresh air!

Love Ash

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

ps: yep i like the teaching idea, look at how you taught me how to understand my computor and all about cascading color sheets, now that was cool, clear and for a very non computorish girl, it was really understandable :O)n