Thursday, May 11, 2006

Longboard

On Monday, I bought myself a longboard.

My new longboardMe with my new longboard

I've been riding it every day since then. In fact, it's been a bit painful on the right hamstring (my kicking leg) which took me by surprise a bit. I've been trying to learn how to stop properly. It seems the best technique for me to learn at this stage is footbraking. That doesn't mean breaking your foot, incidentally, but using your foot to slow down the board.

Yesterday I was riding through the park and a group of girls whistled and waved at me. It seems I'm drawing attention to myself, although that wasn't my purpose.

5 comments:

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

Hey cool, skateboarding is fun..im assuming a longboard is just a longer extention of a skateboard.....err if it isn't, this comment is gonna sound airhead like...och well....Hasn't the weather in scotland been amazing, i just couldn't believe how hot it was. Have fun with your board and the new oppotunities it brings, ha ha #:O)

snoopy said...

sw33t

_____________

i miss schnow

=(

Sgt Steve said...

dude thats sweet!! me and a few guys from Alliston are gonna make are own boards real soon. Those guys own a few but we want to make some custom ones. SHould be fun. Aren't those things just a hoot to ride?!!!? man so great!

Sgt Steve said...

dude thats sweet!! me and a few guys from Alliston are gonna make are own boards real soon. Those guys own a few but we want to make some custom ones. SHould be fun. Aren't those things just a hoot to ride?!!!? man so great!

snoopy said...

according

to

"concrete powder"

ankle sparin/bruised heel

elphabet exceric: draw eavh letter of the alphabet in the air using your big toe as a pencil

my right foot is week and it kinda aches...

that really stinks

especialyl since there's a new sk8 park in markham!!

but

i snowboarded b4 i started learning to sk8

u think the diff after will be odd

impact on knees..

in sk8..do u bend kneez more?

i stil miss snowboarding like woah

=(