Sunday, May 21, 2006

Leaving for Rio in the morning

Well, it's finally here - my last night in Scotland before the much-anticipated trip to Rio. I think I'm excited about it now. Some people get excited about things way in advance but I'm quite short-sighted in a sense when it comes to things like this. Once I'm on the plane, I'll be forced to contemplate what's about to happen. I find a change from your normal surroundings tends to prompt the brain to focus on what's about to take place.

We're going to be away for just under two weeks. We'll be doing some physical work on a school/orphanage of sorts in one of the favelas of Rio. I'm excited about getting away from the computer, actually. I have my doubts about being a programmer, as it happens. I just think I like the outdoors and people too much to make a true programmer. I mean, I can do it if I have to but generally it bores me to tears. Now professional snowboarder or longboarder might be a different story...

2 comments:

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

oooh thats wierd i just had a thought, i wonder when your trip to rio is and you just posted a blog. Anyways safe trip, i'm sure the impact of everything both on the actual building stuff you will be doing, and the heart connections you will make, will have long lasting impacts on the folk in rio and on your team. God bless heaps.

Ash said...

Hey Kenny,

Have a great trip! I will be praying for you all.

Bless you,
Ash :)