Saturday, August 12, 2006

War Wounds

Today, I fell off my longboard for the first time. Hopefully it'll be the last time as well! I was carving and the board turned too far and stopped instantly. I think I went over some loose stones that made it skid. I flew off it, rolled a bit and then landed on my back, finishing off with a wee bump to the head as well.

Being the sharing sort, I thought I would let everyone else see the assorted scrapes for themselves. (Mum, you probably wouldn't enjoy this one.)



Note: I realise I look somewhat out of it in this video. I just want to reassure everyone that I was very tired, slightly sunburnt, possibly whiplashed and in no way under the influence of anything questionable.

2 comments:

rainy dayz can be happy.. said...

yowch ouch yuck argh, ouuch again...

The Ken said...

Salve. Now there's an idea. I intended to have a bath with a few drops of tea tree oil in it. However, by the time I remembered, it was too late.

Sleeping was ok, although my neck was a bit sore and I couldn't lie on my left. It'll be fine in a few days.