Saturday, July 21, 2007

This doesn't look good...


Ok, so even the least "computer-savvy" individual can tell this image does not show a good situation. A few weeks ago I was playing Swat 4 (a thinking man's shooting game) and all of a sudden it froze and rebooted my machine. That had happened once or twice before, however this was the first time I saw what you can see in the photo - a rather ominous line of plain white text in the top-left corner of a very black screen announcing "Operating System not found". I thought to myself, "Hmm, that can't be good" as I turned off my computer.

Thankfully when I turned my computer on again, it had an Operating System after all. Phew, thank goodness for that! I can just imagine the call to a client now, "Umm, no, the software's not finished. Yeh, my computer broke when I was... playing a game."

According to Microsoft's website, it could be a problem with the hard disk, so I suppose I should check that out...

No comments: