Monday, October 25, 2004

Nothing

Nothing is what I feel. I am a spectator, largely unaffected by this world around me. The alarm goes off, I stop it and turn over. Eventually I'm in the office and for about the next 8 hours I know what I'm about. The program gets written, the bugs get fixed. I go home and become a spectator once more.

The world passes by, years as a heartbeat. The view from the window changes a touch from season to season. The leaves are born and in no time at all, I'm trampling them into the ground. The cycle continues.

You never plan for life to become mundane. Somehow you just wake up one day and wonder why you should bother.

I believe in God, in his plan for my life. I believe the expression "life in all its fullness" is supposed to apply to what I'm experiencing. The problem is that it's not my experience just yet. I wish for that day. Until then, it's another day at the office. As a friend wrote:

"Look at me sick of the same old,
Look at me cling to my routine" -Jeff Snyder

This is just passing, but it's where I am just now...

2 comments:

Andrew G said...

thanks for being honest man; i think we all go through these times...

somehow they make the good times that much sweeter

Sgt Steve said...

Dude I hear what your saying. I feel very similar. The big G lead me to Romans 8:18-27. The rest of the chapter is really good to. The song Overdue by Tree63 is based on verse's 19-20, its a great song. Just remember that your brothers have your back. It helps me to think of that.