Friday, October 29, 2004

Feeling a bit better

You'll be pleased to hear I'm feeling a bit less miserable than I was the last time I wrote in my blog. My feelings are back and life is all together more interesting again. It's funny, not much has really changed in the sense of my day to day routine and the activities I'm involved in. I've just found my peace again. I suppose that's the key to coping with anything.

I think that part of the cause of all this was the extreme amount of work I did for the Premium Membership project at work. I really put in a lot of extra hours to get everything finished on time. After it was all over, I was so detatched from life outside of work that I felt very disconnected from the world.

I found a verse that spoke to me during this time. Its relevance may not be instantly obvious:

A faithful man will abound with blessings,
But he who makes haste to be rich will not go unpunished.


- Proverbs 28:20 (NASB)

This reminded me to faithful, even when things all around aren't changing that much. God's not passing me by here. This is just a slow phase I'm in right now. That's ok.

I need to say a big "thank you!" to all my concerned family members who wrote encouraging e-mails after reading my previous post. Mum, Dad, Alison, Auntie I - I love you all! Thanks so much for your encouragement. It's good to feel loved! I'll hopefully be able to write to you via e-mail soon and I'll see you all at Christmas.

No comments: