Sunday, March 06, 2005

Blue Mountain - 7th time this season

On thursday night, I went to Blue Mountain for the seventh time this season. I like to count because I want to be sure I've got the value out of my night pass. It cost me $100 and if I bought a lift pass each visit, it would cost me $30 a time so I've definitely saved money with the pass. Last year I went 12 times, though, and I feel I'm still a bit behind on my quota!

I was taking it easy this week because last time I hurt my back a bit. Now Mum, I know you're reading this and are going to say "be careful" but I didn't actually fall when my back got sore. I went over a small jump and when I landed my back started to hurt. It turns out I should stretch before and after exercise. Who'd have thought it?

I've been re-acquainting myself with the chiropractor and physiotherapist and I'm back on the stretches. It's so hard to find the motivation when you don't hurt any more. One day I will touch my toes! I believe it! I can do it!

The conditions at Blue were really good, though. It wasn't very cold and there was a nice layer of snow on the surface. We're not talking deep powder here, but enough that when you turn you kick up a nice cloud. It was so hard to hold back, though. I want to keep going faster and higher. I love the feeling of being in control at high speed and zipping down the hill. It's such a great sense of freedom.

No comments: