Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Butter or Margarine?

It's the age-old debate that came to the fore last night as I tried to butter my bread for my sandwiches for today's lunch. You see, I've learned that margarine isn't good for you and in fact is only one molecule away from plastic (thanks to Mr. Gazaneo for that) but I'm having issues with butter, too. If you try to spread butter straight after taking it out of the fridge, you end up tearing the helpless bread into tatters. I have also tried to store my butter in the cupboard, resulting in a nasty, oily puddle forming in my cupboard. Grr! Is there no end to the madness? Someone must know of a way of getting butter to do its job without driving me INSANE!

3 comments:

Andrew G said...

i think you can buy whipped butter; it's a bit more expensive but it's much easier to spread and you can keep in it the fridge. What ever you do, don't go over to the dark (margarine) side, ok?

Linda Hope said...

Margarine @ home...Butter @ Timmie's

easy. get both. don't be a hater, be a lover!

Anonymous said...

Hey all, try this experiment....take a pat of butter and a pat of margarine and put it outside where there are bugs. The bugs won't even eat the margarine! That should tell you something, right? If you want soft butter without spoilage, but a butter boat, a three piece affair that you put water in, then an insert with your butter and then a lid. Very simple and it works...find one on eBay. Ok everybody, repeat after me....Butter is good, Margarine is bad. I have a butter boat and I love it.......