Saturday, March 19, 2005

I'm going to Denmark!

I'm from Scotland and I'm going to Denmark!

Ok, so I know this is pretty random, even by my standards but I've decided to go to Denmark for a week. Work's been really stressing me out a lot recently. I just feel so overwhelmed with the amount of things that need done and the pile only gets bigger. People keep coming up with great ideas for new programs we could write but I'm only one developer and it's getting insane.

You could be excused for asking "Why Denmark" as you may have guessed I'm not just going to hop across the Atlantic to a country chosen entirely at random. No, there is a significance to this nation. I have a friend there who I've been getting to know over the past 3 months and I thought it'd be fun to just head on over to say "Hi".

I should mention here that this is my second attempt to post this message. I was in the middle of publishing it earlier and I pressed the backspace key, thinking the focus was on another window. It had the effect of choosing the "Back" function of my browser. When I clicked "Forward" again it was too late. My post had evaporated in a puff of cosmic dust. Gah, I hate it when that happens. If I had a penny for every e-mail that went up in a puff of cosmic dust I'd have...well one penny. Anyway...

I'm really hoping there's blossom on the trees when I'm in Denmark. I love blossom. I just figured out why I like it so much. Consider snow. Snow is great, snow is fun but snow can become tiring after a while - especially here in Ontario. It's like pre-Aslan Narnia. The winter never seems to end. On the other hand, consider the fleeting life of blossom. It just bursts out of nowhere, adorns the trees like Solomon's splendour and then in no time at all is trampled underfoot. It's an amazing explosion of artistic colour, a heavenly exclamation that life has returned to the trees and warmer weather is just around the corner. I love blossom.

Four weeks today I'll be at the airport. If only I could go sooner. I love being spontaneous and even four weeks seems a long time to wait. Ah, it'll pass soon enough!

3 comments:

Andrew G said...

prob, more like pre-aslan's-return-Narnia... because he had been there previously... it's very important to get the story straight.

BTW, hope you have fun with your "friend."

Andrew G said...

:-p

The Ken said...

It's true - it's not entirely pre-Aslan Narnia. Still, I was simplifying it as though I was talking to people who've only read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobw. It's like in science class where they tell you gravity is 10 Newtons and then next year they say it's actually 9.81. They say speed = distance / time and then next year it's actually velocity = displacement / time.

For those in the know, though, I should have said "Narnia during the curse", or something like that.