Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The day Jeremy Wright came to play


Jeremy Wright
Originally uploaded by theken.
It was a very odd day, last Wednesday. It was especially odd for my old boss Jeremy who tried to fly to the US for a blogging job. He was prompty stopped at the airport and detained for two hours with a couple of strip searches thrown in for good measure.

He came over to our office instead to regroup after his ordeal. (The US Customs authorities have a place at Toronto Airport, before you get on the plane) We ended up making the most of the visit and playing CounterStrike:Source for the better part of the evening on our LAN. I won, incidentally. :)

I happened to spot an article about it in today's Toronto Metro magazine. (Jeremy not getting into the US, not me beating him at CS:Source) It was so bizarre. I was on the subway, heading downtown to an MSDN seminar and I happened to notice Jeremy's picture on someone's newspaper. Here's a link to the paper. He's on page 3. (Trying hard not to make a page 3 joke for british readers.)
 

2 comments:

The Ken said...

Sorry Jer, but you know that old expression "the cameraphone never lies".

Linda Hope said...

I TOTALLY READ THAT ARTICLE!! That's how i knew that Jer didnt get in!! I was on my way to work, and i read a Metro pretty much every day, and i saw it...in fact i brought it to work and passed it around my little department for others to take a read of it. Bill even gritted his teeth regarding the Airport Officials of the same citizenship as his. He called them, "Police Force rejects on a power trip."...haha! I thought that was kinda funny!

Anyway, Jeremy, i hope you get an even better gig next time. May you be prosperous!!

Cho