Saturday, November 26, 2005

My blog stats from Google Analytics

I recently signed up with Google Analytics after seeing mention of it in Jeremy Wright's blog. It's pretty cool. It collects all kinds of stats regarding your visitors that I'd never even have thought about. Don't worry, it's not spyware. It's relevant information such as where in the world you're all from, what screen resolution you have, how many colours you have, what version of flash you have installed, whether or not you have JavaScript enabled and so on. All these things are really important for webmasters to know their audience and adapt the appearance of their site accordingly.

There was also a ton of marketing stuff that I've not really looked at yet but I think you can track the effectiveness of ads you've placed on other websites.

This map shows where everyone is from who's been looking at my blog recently. (Do click for a bigger image!) It's really cool to see all the nations that I've been in contact with, mostly through the School of Ministry and TACF.

Now I just need to get more potential customers to visit my company website and then I'll be in business. Wait, I am in business. I could just use a few more customers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. I stumbled on your blog a few moths ago and come back occasionally to read your interesting (and sometimes entertaining) posts. What caught my attention were some of the things you wrote about what God has been doing and about your church. It's very similar to what's going on here. My pastor just announced that he wanted to start a healing room where people can come for prayer, which is just what I had read in your blog. I guess I just realized that the direction God is moving in is globally and not regionally. (Not that I thought He wasn't doing things elsewhere, but that so many places are on the same page.) I also liked the pictures of the changing leaves. We don't get that here in Florida (except the leaves on the maple tree in my front yard will turn red before they fall off). Right now, everything is still very green.

Ash said...

Hi Kenny,

That map is so cool! - I could actually see the spot for me in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia on it! That is so cool. Your company website looks good. I pray that God gives you loads of good clients.

Bless ya

Linda Hope said...

So flippin cool...i am the gold bubbles by the great lakes in North America!!

:) I wonder who the giant bubbles are in the UK...is that YOU???

hehee!!

:)