Wednesday, September 14, 2005

First Small Group Meeting

Today was a special day. I finally got over my fear and led a small group meeting. Simon (my pastor) had asked me to lead some guys in the church who were keen to get a guys' small group up and running. In the past I had always felt weary about the notion of becoming a cell leader in TACF. I don't know if it was the notion of coming up with a teaching or the fact that I was wiped from work that put me off. I just didn't feel like it.

This time it's different, though. When Simon was talking to me about it I started to feel genuine interest for the guys and a motivation to help them and pass on what I'd learned. This hasn't always been the case!

Tonight we met for the first time and I talked a bit about my experience at the School of Ministry and how walking in the light had dealt with some of my ungodly beliefs about myself. We had a soaking time as well. Levi (my lappy) was on hand to provide the soaking music. Having a laptop's so useful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenny!!! Is great to hear about you...!! Guess what...? I just found this blog after looking for TACF & SOM at Google Blog Search!!

"Keep God's name on high always!! Let us rejoice in him day and night!"

God bless you man!!

- Berny alias> Berndog

Sgt Steve said...

Hey Kenny, thats sweet dude. I like the way you do the small group thing, you know, cause you don't let it get boring, always a bit of humour there to help people smile. Good on you.

Sgt Steve said...

I love those shades dude!!!

Andrew G said...

what's a lappy?

The Ken said...

Here's where I got the term "lappy" from:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail119.html

Lappy = Laptop Computer