Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Getting organised in Glasgow

Well, it's been a crazy few weeks but I think I'm finally making progress getting settled in Glasgow again. It was a bit of a strange adjustment to begin with. I had forgotten the PIN number for my debit card and the phone number for my mobile was one that I hadn't used in ages either. I was also staying with friends and I couldn't remember their address or post code so really, when all was said and done, I didn't know a great deal.

I've signed a lease and got the keys for my new flat in the south side of Glasgow. I'm quite excited about that. Now I can start updating my address information with everything to my new place. I'm trying to get power, phone, internet and furniture sorted out though. My new laptop should arrive tomorrow and my software will be here soon enough.

My new place is quite close to a park. I'm pretty excited about that. I've been meeting up with a few friends from church to go jogging once a week at the unlikely hour of 7am. Amazingly, I've been able to get there on time and actually do a reasonable work out. I think I'll aim to jog every day because working from home doesn't give you much reason to leave the house.

The weather's been pretty sunny but the last couple of days it's got cloudier and more like the Scotland that I remember.

1 comment:

Andrew G said...

wonderful! I'm glad things are going well.

make sure you update me on your addy and your new #, ok?

peace buddy!