Monday, October 02, 2006

Eating in my favourite places in Toronto

It's funny the things you miss about a place. Most people who have spent significant time at TACF could be excused for listing things like "the presence of God" and "the Father's love" as things they miss when they leave. Well, I missed all day breakfasts and quirky Japanese food. I suppose we're all different.

Within my first day or so back in Toronto, I had eaten at a number of my favourite establishments. First of all, I had a Beef Teriyaki at the infamous Woodbine Mall, near TACF. Later on, I managed to make it to Perkins, where they do all day breakfast, 24 hours a day. What a deal! I always think of breakfast food as very special. It's kind of like my equivalent to caviar or lobster. What is the reason for this accolade? Well, basically, places like McDonalds stop serving it at 10 or 11 so I'm never there in time to buy it.

No comments: