Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First Sunday in Kansas City

Yesterday was my first Sunday in Kansas City and it was a day of several "firsts". To begin with, I went to Metro Christian Fellowship for the morning meeting which was preceded by "biscuits and gravy" because it was the first Sunday of the month.


I was introduced to a number of people including a few of the students who had arrived already. The meeting was good and I particulary appreciated the pastor's message which was about the way God makes us wait to allow the issues that are inside us to come to the surface. He communicated well and I identified a lot with what he was saying.

In the afternoon I visited the International House of Prayer for the first time. I was really excited to do this because I've heard so much about it. It was really great to experience firsthand the atmosphere of the constant harp and bowl worship with people pacing around praying and others singing along with the band. I also saw some of the faces I recognise from the podcasts such as Mike Bickle, Misty Edwards, Dwayne Roberts and one of the drummers. It was strange to see them in real life but I suppose it's only because I've seen them before. I'm not going to get distracted by the people. The house of prayer is for God and he will be my focus as I go there from time to time.


2 comments:

Michael said...

If it was the same Perkins I went to then it's not as grand as the one in TO. They messed up my order as well.

Anonymous said...

Great to eventually get a chance to read all about your travels so far. You make me laugh out loud. Take care.