Monday, October 02, 2006

Heidi and Brian's Wedding

Ok, so I'm totally on a roll with this blog-a-thon thing, but my battery is running out and I can't connect to the Internet and charge my battery at the same time, so this is going to be some pretty rapid blogging...

The wedding was really cool. I had a great time. It was outdoors in an apple orchard. They had a grassy area set up with two sets of chairs and the obligatory aisle down the middle. At the end was a nice canopy/gazeebo kind of set up with flowers and what not. The whole area was surrounded on three sides by trees on the left, right and just beyond the aforementioned canopy thingy in front of us. They also had some leaves and other autumnal things strewn on the ground for the bridal party to walk on as they entered.



The most noteworthy thing in the ceremony itself was the prayers of the nations. I'm not just saying that because I was part of it. I thought it was a really cool idea. They basically called up lots of people of varying nationalities and language skills to bless them in their own tongue and to welcome them to their nation as a representative of that place. Lacking the Gaelic for the occasion, I prayed in a Scottish accent. Many wept at the beauty of my words and thousands got saved. Ok, so I made that bit up, but it was good anyway.

The reception was unlike any I've ever been to. As well as the expected speeches, Heidi and Brian took time to individually honour each of their bridesmaids, groomsmen and parents. If you're not familiar with "honouring" just think of it as the opposite of a Scottish wedding. They said really nice things about each of the people I mentioned, and they meant it. (Compared with us saying nasty things and not meaning it.)

All in all, a great day was had by all. My battery's about to die so I'll sign off now.

No comments: