Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I uploaded some videos to YouTube

I've been making videos with my phone for ages now but I've finally taken the time to learn a better way to share them with you. I previously uploaded them to a really obscure website and then added links to the files manually. It was pretty clunky to set up. Now I've got an account with YouTube, which makes things a lot easier. You can see my latest videos on my YouTube profile page: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kencares.

To kick things off here, I thought I'd share some specific videos of things that I've mentioned in a few recent blog entries.

Sailing on Lake Ontario


Windsurfing
There are two videos here. I made one each day at the end of each session in the water. In this first video, I discussed a few of the technical aspects of windsurfing.


In this second video you will notice I sound much weaker. That day was really cold and I think it shows in the fact that I look like I'm about to faint any minute!


Fun with Steve's Car
This first one shows Steve explaining how things work under the hood of his beast.


The second clip shows us flying round a dirt road on the way from Newmarket to Toronto. At one point, we skidded out pretty wide on a turn. Don't be alarmed by the extreme angle of the video. The car didn't actually tip! I temporarily lost control of the camera a bit as I was distracted by the slide.


After the fun and games on the dirt road, we stopped to inspect the damage.


Once we got to Toronto, we had a bit of fun doing donuts in the Colossus Cinema parking lot. There's not much happening at the start of this video but I couldn't find a good way to edit it.


This is the second video of donuts in the parking lot. We got quite fast in this one and you can even see the smoke from the tyres coming into the car.


We went and looked at the parking lot after the donuts.


Kansas City

When I arrived in Kansas City, I saw a tetherball which I found really amusing. Here's my Napoleon Dynamite impression.

1 comment:

Sgt Steve said...

haha tetherball, hahaha Napoleon Dynamite, hahahaah.

Yo man that so cool how you got you videos straight onto your blog. I must figure it out!! I'm gonna start a youtube account when the races are over, I'm to busy now to even think about it. Oh and for the record, the only "damage" was those scraches from that low hanging tree branch, err!! and of course we took a bit of dirt from the ditch with us, hahahaha!!! Me and my Dad just rigged up a bar across the front for my massive lights and we made some custom mud gaurds along the bottom of the car to stop those pesky rocks from hitting my nice white paint!! ahahah