Friday, December 03, 2004

Life after love

No, don't worry. I'm not about to sing a Cher song. I was thinking more of my life of late. It's always a sad business when a romance ends and you're left with all these unanswered questions such as "Did I really hear God in the first place?" and "How will I know when it is his voice?"

The thing I've concluded is that these aren't the most important questions, really. The most important thing is to recognise that God is good, he's still on the throne, he's not forgotten you and life goes on. The other big thing is not to become hard hearted or defensive in future friendships. It's easy to conclude that after a failed romance, you don't want to go through the same disappointments again and therefore, to avoid all risks of romance. However, that will only guarantee that you stay lonely and that's no good! Instead, it's better to have the attitude that you will never know who the right person is if you keep hiding from everyone and sooner or later, you'll have to get back out there and try again.

So, life's not so bad in that sense. I'm feeling optomistic for the future although it is always disappointing when things don't end up the way you expect they will. I'm glad God knows me better than I know myself. I leave you with these wise words from Veggietales:

"God is bigger than the Boogie Man and he's watching out for you and me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken,

That was exactly how I felt when my last romance ended, and quite unpleasantly actually. Yes, I heard myself asking questions like "Did I really hear God in the first place?" and "How will I know when it is His voice?" And thought, maybe I had chosen not to listen to His words at all in the first place, perhaps.

But I'm glad that you've not given up on Him, and likewise for myself! ;o) Of course, I can't imagine you to give up!

That's why after my failed relationship, I kept assuring myself that if God is for me, no one and nothing can be against me. And, He has definitely reserved a better man for me in time to come. Amen! It's just a matter of time. "Good things come last, isn't it?" *wink* It's ok to try again...

I wish you all the best, and God (definitely) bless you!

Regards,
M.

Andrew G said...

keep on believing that there is a hottie was a righteous body (and heart) out there for you Ken

Sgt Steve said...

Kenny your right on the money, sometimes the hardest and most painfull thing to do is to make yourself vulnerable again, especially with relationships. I always try to think of how Jesus makes Himself vulnerable with us, I mean, how many times (even in one day) do we hurt Him, but yet He is always there for us, even thought He might get hurt again just like before. Jesus is my Hero! When I see how Jesus lives, I get courage and motivation to keep going, even if it hurts.