Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Fun with my new phone!

I got a new phone for Christmas. I'm pretty excited about it. Most people who know me would know that I'm not generally one for gadgets although computer programming is my line of work. (A paradox that some cannot fathom.) Well, I realized that being home in Scotland was a good opportunity to get a new phone because the technology here is a bit more advanced than that which is available in Canada. (No offence to my Canadian chums. Europe's just been doing it for longer.)

After a look around the shops in Glasgow and some subsequent research on the 'net, I picked out the Motorola V620 for myself. The main features I wanted were:

* Quad Band (Good for both European frequences and both North American frequences)
* Unlocked (Can use a SIM from any company, such as O2 in the UK and Rogers in Canada)

It turns out my phone has all kinds of useful features such as camera, Bluetooth and MP3 ringtones. This means I can easily transfer files to/from the phone such as photos I've taken with the in-built camera or if I want to use an MP3 sound file from my computer as my ring tone, I can do that too!

I'm really glad I was able to get this. I'd been hoping to get a new phone at some point and it's good to have one that'll work in Scotland and Canada!

Here's a pic I took of myself on the train with the camera on my phone. The colour's a bit weird but I blame the train for that.

3 comments:

Linda Hope said...

Tell your sis i say "Happy Birthday!" :o) And have lotsa fun in the good ol' Scotland!! I miss it!

Sgt Steve said...

Sweet, you still have the beard!!

Do you still have it?? like right now I mean?

The Ken said...

I do. The beard lives on. I was just thinking of shaving my neck, as it happens. It's starting to itch.