Friday, October 28, 2005

Back to the Future Trivia!

I just found out LOADS of interesting things about the Back to the Future movies that I never knew before. It's amazing how many clever references people write into movies to pay tribute to films they liked in the past, or naming things after wives and so on.

If you're interested, here are the trivia links for Back to the Future parts 1 and 2:

Trivia for Back to the Future
Trivia for Back to the Future Part II

In case you're not convinced about the merits of reading the trivia, let me show you the COOLEST one I discovered:

The mall where Marty McFly meets Doc Brown for their time travel experiment is called "Twin Pines Mall". Doc Brown comments that old farmer Peabody used to own all of the land, and he grew pines there. When Marty goes back in time, he runs over and knocks down a pine tree on the Peabody's property. When he comes back to the mall at the end of the film, the sign at the mall identifies the mall as "Lone Pine Mall".

Here are some pics to prove it. I just grabbed these straight from DVD:

Twin Pines
Lone Pine

I love the fact that someone went to the trouble of doing that. It makes me smile.

(I'm watching part 3 tomorrow, maybe I'll read up on the trivia now.)

5 comments:

Trebuchet said...

next up? indiana jones trilogy. do it. you won't regret it. :)

Sgt Steve said...

the back to the future movies were my favs when I was a wee lad. I should watch em again soon. I love that screne grab of the twin/lone pines sign, lol.

mark said...

Not wanting to big myself up, but I wrote a song about that movie. Bethany and Jacob both have dvd copies of my band playing it live. You can find the lyrics on this page of our website. Love it..

Linda Hope said...

Oh the ken...hahaa!! Hahaa

You crack me up!!

Love,
Linda

Brendan Daniel Serez said...

ats the best thing iv'e seen in a while.

...Awesome dude