Friday, October 07, 2005

Innocent Drinks are the best!

I'm seriously impressed with the people who work at Innocent Drinks. (innocentdrinks.co.uk) I've been a huge fan of their fruit smoothies and yoghurt thickies for a number of years now. Of course, I've also been living in Canada for the last 3 years so it's been a difficult distance relationship. In fact, I actually missed innocent drinks while I was in Canada. I really did. Whenever I came home to visit, I always had to go out and buy one.

It was when buying my first innocent drink after moving home to Scotland that this latest adventure all began. I bought a yoghurt thickie at a shop in Glasgow Central Station (I won't name and shame them here) and hopped on the train to Greenock, to go see Mum & Dad. Well, after the obligatory shaking up of the bottle, I was surprised to hear a fizzing sound when I opened it. I drank some and it tasted fizzy and seemed thinner than usual. Oh, not to forget that when it fizzed to begin with, it actually overflowed onto my hand and the floor of the train. It was quite a tricky moment.

Well, the good people at Innocent Drinks were kind enough to offer me a case of their finest drinks as a peace offering after I reported the unfortunate event to them. A whole case! I got TEN FREE SMOOTHIES because I bought one bad one! Amazing!

Here are some pics of me enjoying my new smoothies after they arrived today. If you follow the links, you'll see bigger pictures along with comments from yours truly. (That's me)









If you're still reading, you obviously find this interesting. Why not check out what they have to say about cranberries.

3 comments:

Linda Hope said...

hahaa...

Kenny, you are amazing...we all miss you here in Canada...

Today...it is cold, for the first time this fall, it is cold, cold and wet. Kinda like the UK in the summer...heee

Anyway...it's cold and i hate it. Just had to complain to someone...:) Wish you were back here and chatting about anything, but alas...hope you are having a FABULOUS time back home. Missing us, yet??

ps. our whole snow board/skiing crew is gone!! You, Shaun, Nicola, Dave Richards and Robyn...what am i going to do this season???

Anonymous said...

Truly delicious drinks, it must be said. I particularly like the banana and pineapple one.

However, be aware that it's not as good as eating fruit because the slow release of the goodness from munching unpureed food is better for you than an overload of vitamins all in a oner. It might be better to drink a smoothie over the course of a day...

Andrew G said...

i liked them too... even tho they were a bit more expensive than other drinks, the fresh fruit and NO PRESERVATIVES more than makes up for the cost.

have one on me!