Thursday, October 20, 2005

End of an era

Kickers WalletToday is a sad day. Well, not very sad but a moment to reflect at least. You see, I finally decided it was time to get a new wallet because I've had this one for years. At least since 2002, maybe even 2001. I had this one with me in Germany on outreach in 2002 and I actually lost it. Then I retraced my steps in the dark and found it in the middle of the road! It was the strangest thing. I drove over a wallet-shaped shadow and thought, "Hmm, that could be it." and then dismissed the idea. Then I remembered that I was in fact LOOKING for my wallet so it would really make sense to check out wallet-shaped clues. I did a u-turn and came back to the spot and there it was. Nothing was missing.

My new wallet is different and it brings attention to the fact that I'm very accustomed to the other one. It opens to the left while the old one opens to the right so I keep opening the new one upside-down and then saying to myself, "Oh yeh, it's my new wallet." Also, the zip opens from left to right while the old one was from right to left. I really don't know how I'm going to cope. I'll try to be strong - for the sake of my blog readers.

1 comment:

Andrew G said...

sniff... i'll be praying for you... it sounds pretty difficult buddy