Thursday, November 18, 2004

Discovering new details in songs

As I already mentioned, I have been enjoying new headphones since my trip to Denver. However, today I noticed that I can now hear new details in songs that I never knew existed before.

Firstly, in Don Potter's Facing the Wall, I was listening to the track called Garden. (Track #7) At 0:27 I noticed a guitar harmonic that wasn't there before. It's really high pitched and is just a gentle pick of a string with a finger lightly pressed on it. It's not devastatingly exciting, just a note that I'd never heard before.

The other thing I noticed was in a song by The Corrs. The album is The Corrs, Live in Dublin and the track is Joy of Life/Trout in the Bath. (Track #5) I hadn't heard the guitar before. It's panned way out to the left and it starts on a kind of muted rhythm wotsit thingie at about 1:27.

These discoveries may not be too exciting to the average blog reader but if nothing else, you can have a chuckle at the fact that I can't be vague. It's not possible. I need hyperlinks to each band and album along with the precise moment in time that the audio feature occurs. Sigh. If only I could be vague. Blogging would be so much quicker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy of Life/Trout in the bath

Surely a deep philosophical juxtaposition there. Discuss